Discover China (Travel Guide, 4th Edition)
Exclusive AAA Corporate Travel Price:
Discover China is Lonely Planet's collection of the country’s top sights and most authentic experiences. Perfect for anyone who doesn’t need accommodation listings, it’s packed with expert knowledge, local secrets and carefully crafted itineraries, as well as the most relevant and up-to-date advice, to help you create an unforgettable trip.
Explore the Forbidden City in Beijing, marvel at the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an, or wander around the pagodas and lilting willows of Hangzhou’s West Lake; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of China and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover China:
- Full-color maps and images throughout Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, festivals, cuisine, architecture, religion, environment, wildlife, painting, literature, film
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus over 60 color maps
Coverage Includes: Beijing, Great Wall, Xi’an, Shanghai, Three Gorges, Huangshan, Hangzhou, Yangshuo, Fenghuang, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Sichuan, Macau, Yunnan and more
What is a Discover Country book? These are shorter, more concise guidebooks compared to our country guide series. More visually stimulating, they focus on the top sights and most authentic experiences. Perfect if you don’t need accommodation recommendations, they’re packed with expert knowledge, local secrets and carefully crafted itineraries, as well as the most relevant and up-to-date advice.
- 60+ full-color maps and photos throughout
- Highlights and itineraries to tailor your trip
- Local travel advice for avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Insider tips to help you save time and money
- Survival Guide A-Z: essential information on everything from
- money and health to visas and emergency phone numbers
- Recommendations on eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping and more
|Dimensions||128mm × 197mm|
|Writers||Damian Harper, Piera Chen, Megan Eaves, David Eimer, Helen Elfer, Trent Holden, Stephen Lioy, Emily Matchar, Rebecca Milner, Kate Morgan, Tom Spurling, Phillip Tang|
|Next Edition Due||Feb 2022|
|Edition Information||4th Edition May 2017|